“Give yourselves completely to God—every part of you—for you are back from death and you want to be tools in the hands of God, to be used for his good purposes.” Romans 6:13 (TLB)
WHAT SHOULD BE OUR LIFE-CHANGING COMMITMENTS?
Commitment # 1: WORSHIP to Strengthen my Faith
- Isaiah 40:31 (CEV) …those who trust the Lord will find new strength.
- Because we experience the reality of God in our lives, our response is to honor Him and give Him His full
worth. Worship is not just singing but it is an attitude of the heart and lifestyle.
- SHARE | What are your various ways of showing that you worship God? How does worship
strengthen your faith? What will you do to remain committed to worshipping God?
Commitment # 2: FELLOWSHIP to Discover my Identity and Purpose.
- Romans 12:4 (MSG) Each part gets its meaning from Christ’s Body as a whole.
- God is love and those who love God will love others. The faith groups are love laboratories. These are the
places where we put into practice what we learned especially that of loving others unconditionally and
- SHARE | What are the fruit of the Holy Spirit? How do we develop them when we are regular
fellowship with others?
Commitment # 3: LEARN to Develop my Potential
- Romans 14:17(CEV) God’s kingdom isn’t about eating and drinking. It is about pleasing God,
about living in peace, and about true happiness. All this comes from the Holy Spirit.
- God made us for something big. But He reveals it to us, part by part, as we get to know Him more. The more
that we know Him, the more that our lives will be changed. Right theology will lead to right living. Unless we
are humble and thirsty, we will not desire to be a part of a learning community.
- SHARE | What are the things that you are doing to learn more? How do you process your
learning? What are achieving when you learn?
Commitment # 4: SERVE to Experience Significance
- Ecclesiastes 4: 9-11 (ICB) Two people are better than one. They get more done by working
together. If one person falls the other can help him up. But it is bad for the person who is alone
when he falls. No one is there to help him. If two lie down together, they will be warm. But a
person alone will not be warm.
- After we have started to discover our potential and purpose, our response will be to serve God and others.
Service makes us more like Jesus as we break our own walls and begin to share with others.
- SHARE | What are our internal and external hindrances in serving God? How do we overcome
Commitment # 5: DISCIPLE to Make Eternal Significance
- Matthew 28:19-20 (CEV) Go to the people of all nations and make them my disciples. Baptize
them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to do everything I
have told you. I will be with you always, even until the end of the world.
- It is one thing to serve but it is more rewarding to teach and empower others to serve as well. God will surely
promote us if we are faithful, that is why we need to train more people to love God and to serve well
- SHARE | What are your personal excuses for making disciples? How do you plan to overcome