” The Lord is constantly watching everyone, and he gives strength to those who faithfully obey him. But you have done a foolish thing, and your kingdom will never be at peace again.” 2 Chronicles 16:9 (CEV)
WHAT KIND OF PERSON MUST I BE TO BE USED GREATLY BY GOD?
1: Keep our HEARTS Grateful
- God uses grateful people. It is one of the keys to longevity in ministry. Doctors refer to gratitude as the healthiest of all emotions because of its physical benefits. If you don’t stay grateful, you’ll become cynical.
- Romans 12:11 (NIV) Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- We need to constantly remind ourselves what a privilege it is to serve Jesus. Remember that we can only do these things because of His grace.
- SHARE | How grateful are you to God, your family, your teammates?
2: Keep Our EYES Open
- Vision is not a prediction. None of us can know the future the way God does. Vision is seeing God at work in your present situation and moving with Him. It’s about going with Him as He does things in the world and being a part of where He has placed you.
- Psalm 105:4 (MSG) If you make up your own vision, you’re already off course. “Keep your eyes open for God, watch for his works; be alert for signs of his presence.”
- SHARE | When you do your devotions, what is God usually showing you that He wants you to do? What do you do about His vision?
3: Keep Our LIVES Clean
- The first step is always personal cleansing. Without exception, everyone whom God is using in a great way has dealt with the personal sin in their lives before God.
- It’s not about your past or status or talent. God uses small vessels, plain vessels, and even broken vessels but not a dirty vessel.
- 2 Timothy 2:21 (NLT) “If you keep yourself pure, you will be a utensil God can use for his purpose. Your life will be clean, and you’ll be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.”
- SHARE | What makes us unclean? What do we do to get God’s cleaning?
4: Keep Our PURPOSE Firm
- Remember the basic truth that God made us to serve Him and give Him pleasure. We have some abilities that would serve His purposes in our lives.
- To propel us to continue our ministry, be reminded of Acts 13:36, “David served God’s purpose in his own generation.” Seek and serve your purpose.
- SHARE | What is your SHAPE? How does God want you to use them?
5. Keep Your MIND on Jesus
- Hebrews 12:2 (MSG) “Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we’re in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed – he could put up with anything along the way: cross, shame, whatever. And now he’s there, in the place of honor, right alongside God.”
- God’s purpose for our life is far greater than our problems. Don’t give up when it gets tough. Go to Jesus.
- SHARE | How focused on being good and doing good is your mind? What are the reasons for such level of focus?