To be “sanctified” means “to be set apart for God.” We are
born to live God’s life and purposes. What do you think were you born for? How do you plan to achieve this purposes?
# 1: : Sanctified to COGNITION
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV) All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
- God’s pattern for spiritual growth starts with understanding what the Bible says and what it means.
# 2: Sanctified to CONVICTION
- 2 Corinthians 4:13-14 (ESV) Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.
- As you grow in your understanding of the Bible, you begin to develop convictions out of that understanding.
- Those convictions or beliefs determine how you live, or at least how you endeavor to live
# 3: Sanctified to AFFECTION
- Psalm 19:10 (ESV) [The Word of God is] More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
- If you’re truly growing, you come to Scripture eager for the spiritual nourishment it alone provides. Just as Peter wrote, “Like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow” (1 Peter 2:2). Your affection and hunger for God’s truth will be insatiable, and nothing will keep you from it
- What areas of your life needs to be sanctified to God?
- What are God’s purposes that you are living now?
- Who are the people you would like to share the Gospel this week?