To be “justified” means “we are made right in God’s
sight.” Was there a time that you felt “so guilty” but God made a way for you to be free from that guilt? Was also there a time wherein God “made right” something in your life that was wrong?
# 1: : Justified to Receive Peace from God
- Romans 5:1 (ESV) Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Genuine peace with God means that we are truly reconciled with Him. We are no longer enemies with God, but friends with Him. We do not need to fear His judgment
# 2: Justified to Gain Access to the Riches of God’s Grace
- Romans 5:2a (ESV) Through him we have also obtained access by faith[b] into this grace in which we stand
- Our access to God comes through the Lord Jesus Christ. (John 14:6)
- Our access to God puts us in permanent stating in the riches of God’s grace. (Ephesians 2:7)
# 3: Justified to Manifest Joyous Confidence in God’s Glory
- Romans 5:2b (ESV) …and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- Sharing in God’s glory is our certain future. (Romans 8:24-25)
- We can NOW have the confidence of sharing in God’s glory with will cause us to rejoice. (1 Corinthians 1:31 and Philippians 3:3)
- What’s the “one thing” you have picked up from this lesson?
- What are the areas of your light which needs to be “made right with God?
- Is there a friend of family which needs the peace of God right now? How will you be able to share the Good News of peace of the Lord to him or to her?
- How would you share the Good News of Jesus to your campus house, office or community? Can we start praying for it now?