Faith Group connects God’s Word to our lives in an intentional way. The options below offer a Faith Group community a variety of study options that will help participants grow as disciples. Each study is rooted in Scripture and deals with real-life issues that are relevant to today’s believers.
To be “justified” means “we are made right in God’s
sight.” Was there a time that you felt “so guilty” but God made a way for you to be free from that guilt? Was also there a time wherein God “made right” something in your life that was wrong?
# 1: : Justified to Receive Peace from God
- Romans 5:1 (ESV) Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Genuine peace with God means that we are truly reconciled with Him. We are no longer enemies with God, but friends with Him. We do not need to fear His judgment
# 2: Justified to Gain Access to the Riches of God’s Grace
- Romans 5:2a (ESV) Through him we have also obtained access by faith[b] into this grace in which we stand
- Our access to God comes through the Lord Jesus Christ. (John 14:6)
- Our access to God puts us in permanent stating in the riches of God’s grace. (Ephesians 2:7)
# 3: Justified to Manifest Joyous Confidence in God’s Glory
- Romans 5:2b (ESV) …and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- Sharing in God’s glory is our certain future. (Romans 8:24-25)
- We can NOW have the confidence of sharing in God’s glory with will cause us to rejoice. (1 Corinthians 1:31 and Philippians 3:3)
- What’s the “one thing” you have picked up from this lesson?
- What are the areas of your light which needs to be “made right with God?
- Is there a friend of family which needs the peace of God right now? How will you be able to share the Good News of peace of the Lord to him or to her?
- How would you share the Good News of Jesus to your campus house, office or community? Can we start praying for it now?
How has been God good to you this week?
What were the challenges you overcame with His help
# 1: : Chosen to Receive Salvation
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13 (GNB) We must thank God at all times for you, friends, you whom the Lord loves. For God chose you as the first to be saved by the Spirit’s power to make you his holy people and by your faith in the truth.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone. (Ephesians 2:8-9 and Acts 4:12)
- We receive salvation though the power of the Holy Spirit so that we can be God’s holy people.
# 2: Chosen to Bear Glory
- 2 Thessalonians 2:14 (GNB) God called you to this through the Good News we preached to you; he called you to possess your share of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Good News of Jesus leads us to the glorious lordship of God.
- Christ’s shining glory must be shared to everyone needing Jesus.
# 3: Chosen to Stand Firm
- 2 Thessalonians 2:15 (GNB) So then, our friends, stand firm and hold on to those truths which we taught you, both in our preaching and in our letter.
- We can only stand firm in our faith and life by holding on the powerful words of the Bible.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (GNB) 16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
- Since you have received the Good News of Jesus in your life now, what are your plans in sharing them to your friends and family?
- How has the Bible changed you life? Please share some of your precious personal experiences.
- Who are the persons you would like to help for Jesus?
- Who are the persons you would like to invite to FJC this Sunday?
How did God express and show His love to you this week?
How did you express and show your love for others?
Way # 1: Love SACRIFICIALLY
- John 13:31-32 / Hebrews 12:2
- True love will endure everything to offer the best the one loved.
Way # 2: Love CARINGLY
- John 13:3 / 1 Thessalonians 2:7-8
- Love like a parent who always look after the welfare of the child.
Way # 3: Love OBEDIENTLY
- John 13:34
- Love is commanded by God to be applied to everyone. Thus, we must love everyone regardless of their status or background.
Way # 4: Love CONFIDENTLY
- John 13:35
- Pure love shown to others show our being Christ’s disciples.
Way # 5: Love COMMITTEDLY
- John 13:36-38
- Love means being committed to the other person’s highest good. The highest good for all people is that they would become more like Jesus Christ by growing in holiness and living to glorify Him.
- What’s the difference between loving someone and liking him?
- Since God is gracious to undeserving sinners, how can we know when to be gracious to those in sin and when to confront them or separate from them?
- Pray this verse to your prayer partner Philippians 1:9.
- Who are the three loved persons you are plaining to invite this Sunday to Faithful Jesus Church?
Who was God to you this week?
How has he helped you
in your daily challenges?
Principle # 1: SEE NEEDS
- Philippians 2:4 (ESV) Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- Feel the “possible needs” of your family and friends.
- Cater to their “real needs.”
- Accept the fact that you can only give what you have.
Principle # 2: SERVE FAITHFULLY
- Galatians 5:13 (ESV) For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
- Let’s use our God-given freedom to serve others.
- Service can only be faithful if it is executed with sacrificial love.
- Let us serve everyone regardless of their background.
Principle # 3: SEEK THE BEST
- Hebrews 6:10 (ESV) For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
- God will never ever overlook your action and passion in helping.
- He has his ready rewards in the good you have done for others.
- Have the most positive and joyfully attitude in helping everyone.
- Proverbs 11:25 (ESV) Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.
- Who are the people you plan to help this week? Why?
- How has helping others enriched your life?
- What are your personal plans in helping your family, friends, schoolmates, officemates or community partners
Since God is the greatest provider, what and how did you
share your overflowing blessings to others?
Principle # 1: UNITY
- Acts 4:32a (ESV) Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul
- Unite wholeheartedly in glorifying God by helping others.
- Where there is unity there is always victory.
Principle # 2: HARMONY
- Acts 4:32b (ESV) …and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common.
- Harmonize with others by looking at yourself as one with the needy and helpless. By this, you will be in a “ready position” to be help them in a more relevant and deeper way.
Principle # 3: TESTIMONY
- Acts 4:33 (ESV) And with great power the apostles were giving their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all.
- Testify that only Jesus is the great savior, sustainer and helper.
RESULT: People helped and God glorified. (Acts 4:34-35)
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:7. What is the description of a person who shares blessings to others?
- What are your personal plans to help others? How could you in your own small way glorify God as you share your life to others?
- What’s your best reason why you need to testify about Jesus?
- Pray and invite more family or friends to join the Faith Group.
- Pray and invite a family or friend to join the Faithful Jesus Church
Who is God to you this week?
What are the simple, wonderful or powerful things
He has done to your life?
Principle # 1: CHECK (Ephesians 6:21 / Psalm 90:12)
- Check his/her current status by asking: “How are you feeling now? What’s happening to your life? What are you currently focused on
Principle # 2: AROUSE (Ephesians 6:22 / 1 Corinthians 10:13)
- Arouse his/her heart to be more encouraged to face life (with its challenges, struggles and successes) with God.
Principle # 3: REVIVE (Ephesians 6:23 / John 14:27 )
- Revive his/her spirit with God’s peace and love
Principle # 4: EXHORT (Ephesians 6:24 / 1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Exhort him/her to always glorify God and depend in His grace in everything he/she does for his/her study, work, family, ministry or community.
- Who are the three (3) persons you would like to express your love and care this week?
- What would you like to say to them so that they will be encouraged to lives with hope and excitement?
- Pray and invite more family or friends to join the Faith Group.
- Pray and invite a family or friend to join the Faithful Jesus Church.