Faith Group connects God’s Word to our lives in an intentional way. The options below offer a Faith Group community a variety of study options that will help participants grow as disciples. Each study is rooted in Scripture and deals with real-life issues that are relevant to today’s believers.
Figuratively, your “talk” is about the thoughts and words
you believe that will happen in your life. Your “walk” is the action
tasks you do with God’s help to fulfill your declaration. What are the words you declare now which must happen in the next coming days?
# 1: Have a Working Faith
- James 2:22 (ESV) …faith was active along with…works, and faith was completed by…works…
- A faith that is acted upon will be successfully completed.
- Faith the most important element that will radicalize the way we love God and live our faith
# 2: Have a “Glory to God” Mindset
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 (ESV) So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
- As we work on our goal, tasks or projects keep in mind to put the signature of God’s excellence in it. Your faith in what you do will glorify God and will attract the favor of others.
- Hebrews 11:6 (ESV) And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
# 3: Have a Compelling Agenda
- 1 Corinthians 9:26 (ESV) So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.
- An agenda is some thing that you think is important to be acted upon that is guided by your personal vision and mission.
- What are the big and great goal/tasks/project you need to be fulfilled this week?
- How are you planning to complete it? How does God enter the picture these wonderful undertakings?
- What is your current compelling “agenda”? Ho will it contribute to the ushering of the kingdom of God.
Someone said, “Seize the day or die regretting the time
you lost.” Are there days that you felt you were able to give your very best? How did it turn out? How did affect the quality of your life?
# 1: Walk Your Talk
- Ephesians 5:15 (ESV) Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise,…
- Wise people talk excellently and walk powerfully. They receive guidance from the Bible and live out the life God wants us to live.
- James 1:19-20 (ESV) Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
# 2: Schedule Everything
- Ephesians 5:16 (ESV) …making the best use of the time, because the days are evil.
- If our day and time is gold, then we must schedule it well so that we don’t regret the past days and the past opportunities.
- Psalm 90:12 (ESV) So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
# 3: Prioritize God’s Purpose
- Ephesians 5:17 (ESV) Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
- Our whole life must be synced in God’s purpose. We must be on a daily quest for God’s specific agenda and details. We can only do this if we are always searching the Word of God.
- What are the things in both your life’s walk and talk that needs to be developed?
- How have you prioritized your schedule for your personal, family, work, study and ministry life?
- What are the specific things that God is making you do know that may radically change the course of your life
- Who are the people you are praying for to share the Gospel?
Are there goals or plans in your life that is now coming to
fulfillment? How has God become part in developing it?
# 1: God’s Develops the Specifics of the Dream
- Philippians 1:6 (ESV) …that he who began a good work in you…
- God’s dream for us will always be for our good. He will never plan some thing that would destroy us.
- Matthew 7:11 (ESV) If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
# 2: God’s Develops the Process of the Dream
- Philippians 1:6 (ESV) …will bring it to completion…
- God always has an end in mind for us. He has a definite goal for our lives. Just be patient enough to wait for his revelation.
- Proverbs 16:1 (ESV) The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
# 3: God’s Develops the Deadline of the Dream
- Philippians 1:6 (ESV) …at the day of Jesus Christ.
- God’s deadline is achievable only through his grace. We should always be ready to declare God’s help in whatever we dream.
- Philippians 4:13 (ESV) I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- Share a “dream come true” in your life experience. How did God show up to fulfill it? How did He worked his miracles in making sure that it came to pass?
- What are the lessons in life you have learned lately? How has it helped you become a better person? How has it given you the boost to live your current life for God?
- What the the goals (plans or dreams) you are still hoping that God will do in your life? How has it encouraged you to proceed to the next chapter of your life?
- What are your personal plans in developing your future disciples?
What are the dreams you had before that God has
fulfilled in your life? How did it affect your life’s quality?
# 1: God’s Dream for Us is to ACTIVE
- Genesis 1:26a, 27 (GNT) Then God said, “And now we will make human beings; they will be like us and resemble us. … So God created human beings, making them to be like himself.
- Having the image of God means having and living God’s vision, passion and mission. God’s identity in us (Christ in us) will bolster our activity and even ministry
- Acts 17:28 (ESV) “‘In him we live and move and have our being…”
# 2: : God’s Dream for Us is to Be PRODUCTIVE
- Genesis 1:28b (GNT) “Have many children, so that your descendants will live all over the earth and bring it under their control.
- Productivity is all about being fruitful in everything God has given in our hands.
- He desires for us to grow in both quality and quantity.
- John 15:5 (ESV) I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
# 3: God’s Dream for Us is to Be AUTHORITATIVE
- Genesis 1:26b, 28c (GNT) They will have power over the fish, the birds, and all animals, domestic and wild, large and small. …I am putting you in charge of the fish, the birds, and all the wild animals.
- God wants us to be “responsible” for the development of our dreams. He desires for us to have the “leadership” and “management in our private and public life.
- He has given us the freedom to live our life at its best.
- What are the three most important task in your life now which needs to be fulfilled?
- What are the areas by which God needs to develop in you?
- Who are the persons you are planning to invite to FJC this Sunday?
Dr. David Yonggi-Cho said, “Dreams and visions are languages of the Holy Spirit.” What are you greatest dreams (plans or vision) in life for yourself, your family, your studies, your work and your service to others?
# 1: God is the Dream Designer
- Jeremiah 29:11a (GNT) I alone know the plans I have for you,…
- Our greatest dream that will identify and define our lives is given by God as mentioned in His Word (the Bible).
- God know us and values us well enough to say to us that He is the dream giver and also the dream provider.
- Matthew 10:30-31 (GNT) As for you, even the hairs of your head have all been counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!
# 2: : God is the Dream Developer
- Jeremiah 29:11b (GNT) …plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster,…
- God will develop our dream for it to be fulfilled and fruitful.
- John 15:5 (GNT) “I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.
# 3: God is the Dream Sustainer
- Jeremiah 29:11c (GNT) …plans to bring about the future you hope for.
- God will sustain our dream until it is successfully completed.
- Philippians 1:6 (GNT) And so I am sure that God, who began this good work in you, will carry it on until it is finished on the Day of Christ Jesus.
- As God has opened heaven for you in this new day, new week or new month, what are the immediate desires of your heart that will give blessings to others and glory to God.
- What are your plans in developing and deepening intimacy in your love relations with God?
- What are your plans in sharing Jesus to your friends and making them lifelong disciples of Jesus?
To be “glorified” means “God finally removing our sins
at Jesus’ 2nd coming.” Read 2 Corinthians 4:17. What are the
negative and evil thoughts, emotions and actions you would like God to completely remove from your life?
# 1: Glorified to be ESTABLISHED
- Romans 3:25 (GNT) …God shows that he himself is righteous and that he puts right everyone who believes in Jesus.
- We are established in God’s righteousness to be and do right.
# 2: Glorified to RECONCILED
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 (GNT) All this is done by God, who through Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the task of making others his friends also.
- We are reconciled to God so that we can also lead others to peace.
# 3: Glorified to PURIFIED
- Hebrews 1:3 (GNT) He reflects the brightness of God’s glory and is the exact likeness of God’s own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.
- We purified to be more Christlike in thought, word and deed.
# 4: Glorified to REDEEMED
- Ephesians 1:7 (GNT) For by the blood of Christ[a] we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven. How great is the grace of God,…
- We are redeemed to freely love and serve God.
- Christ’s resurrection indicates God’s satisfaction with His son’s work. What are you doing now to usher in the Kingdom of God?
- To assure our being “glorified”, the Lord Jesus is continuing His work of intercession on our behalf before Father God in heaven (Hebrews 7:25). What are the prayer concerns you would like to raise up
to the Lord Jesus as our greatest intercessor?
- Who are the family and friends you are praying to invite at FJC this Sunday?