Faith Group connects God’s Word to our lives in an intentional way. The options below offer a Faith Group community a variety of study options that will help participants grow as disciples. Each study is rooted in Scripture and deals with real-life issues that are relevant to today’s believers.
Dr. David Yonggi-Cho said, “Dreams and visions are languages of the Holy Spirit.” What are you greatest dreams (plans or vision) in life for yourself, your family, your studies, your work and your service to others?
# 1: God is the Dream Designer
- Jeremiah 29:11a (GNT) I alone know the plans I have for you,…
- Our greatest dream that will identify and define our lives is given by God as mentioned in His Word (the Bible).
- God know us and values us well enough to say to us that He is the dream giver and also the dream provider.
- Matthew 10:30-31 (GNT) As for you, even the hairs of your head have all been counted. So do not be afraid; you are worth much more than many sparrows!
# 2: : God is the Dream Developer
- Jeremiah 29:11b (GNT) …plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster,…
- God will develop our dream for it to be fulfilled and fruitful.
- John 15:5 (GNT) “I am the vine, and you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me.
# 3: God is the Dream Sustainer
- Jeremiah 29:11c (GNT) …plans to bring about the future you hope for.
- God will sustain our dream until it is successfully completed.
- Philippians 1:6 (GNT) And so I am sure that God, who began this good work in you, will carry it on until it is finished on the Day of Christ Jesus.
- As God has opened heaven for you in this new day, new week or new month, what are the immediate desires of your heart that will give blessings to others and glory to God.
- What are your plans in developing and deepening intimacy in your love relations with God?
- What are your plans in sharing Jesus to your friends and making them lifelong disciples of Jesus?
To be “glorified” means “God finally removing our sins
at Jesus’ 2nd coming.” Read 2 Corinthians 4:17. What are the
negative and evil thoughts, emotions and actions you would like God to completely remove from your life?
# 1: Glorified to be ESTABLISHED
- Romans 3:25 (GNT) …God shows that he himself is righteous and that he puts right everyone who believes in Jesus.
- We are established in God’s righteousness to be and do right.
# 2: Glorified to RECONCILED
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 (GNT) All this is done by God, who through Christ changed us from enemies into his friends and gave us the task of making others his friends also.
- We are reconciled to God so that we can also lead others to peace.
# 3: Glorified to PURIFIED
- Hebrews 1:3 (GNT) He reflects the brightness of God’s glory and is the exact likeness of God’s own being, sustaining the universe with his powerful word. After achieving forgiveness for the sins of all human beings, he sat down in heaven at the right side of God, the Supreme Power.
- We purified to be more Christlike in thought, word and deed.
# 4: Glorified to REDEEMED
- Ephesians 1:7 (GNT) For by the blood of Christ[a] we are set free, that is, our sins are forgiven. How great is the grace of God,…
- We are redeemed to freely love and serve God.
- Christ’s resurrection indicates God’s satisfaction with His son’s work. What are you doing now to usher in the Kingdom of God?
- To assure our being “glorified”, the Lord Jesus is continuing His work of intercession on our behalf before Father God in heaven (Hebrews 7:25). What are the prayer concerns you would like to raise up
to the Lord Jesus as our greatest intercessor?
- Who are the family and friends you are praying to invite at FJC this Sunday?
To be “sanctified” means “to be set apart for God.” We are
born to live God’s life and purposes. What do you think were you born for? How do you plan to achieve this purposes?
# 1: : Sanctified to COGNITION
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (ESV) All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
- God’s pattern for spiritual growth starts with understanding what the Bible says and what it means.
# 2: Sanctified to CONVICTION
- 2 Corinthians 4:13-14 (ESV) Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, “I believed, and so I spoke,” we also believe, and so we also speak, knowing that he who raised the Lord Jesus will raise us also with Jesus and bring us with you into his presence.
- As you grow in your understanding of the Bible, you begin to develop convictions out of that understanding.
- Those convictions or beliefs determine how you live, or at least how you endeavor to live
# 3: Sanctified to AFFECTION
- Psalm 19:10 (ESV) [The Word of God is] More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
- If you’re truly growing, you come to Scripture eager for the spiritual nourishment it alone provides. Just as Peter wrote, “Like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow” (1 Peter 2:2). Your affection and hunger for God’s truth will be insatiable, and nothing will keep you from it
- What areas of your life needs to be sanctified to God?
- What are God’s purposes that you are living now?
- Who are the people you would like to share the Gospel this week?
To be “justified” means “we are made right in God’s
sight.” Was there a time that you felt “so guilty” but God made a way for you to be free from that guilt? Was also there a time wherein God “made right” something in your life that was wrong?
# 1: : Justified to Receive Peace from God
- Romans 5:1 (ESV) Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Genuine peace with God means that we are truly reconciled with Him. We are no longer enemies with God, but friends with Him. We do not need to fear His judgment
# 2: Justified to Gain Access to the Riches of God’s Grace
- Romans 5:2a (ESV) Through him we have also obtained access by faith[b] into this grace in which we stand
- Our access to God comes through the Lord Jesus Christ. (John 14:6)
- Our access to God puts us in permanent stating in the riches of God’s grace. (Ephesians 2:7)
# 3: Justified to Manifest Joyous Confidence in God’s Glory
- Romans 5:2b (ESV) …and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
- Sharing in God’s glory is our certain future. (Romans 8:24-25)
- We can NOW have the confidence of sharing in God’s glory with will cause us to rejoice. (1 Corinthians 1:31 and Philippians 3:3)
- What’s the “one thing” you have picked up from this lesson?
- What are the areas of your light which needs to be “made right with God?
- Is there a friend of family which needs the peace of God right now? How will you be able to share the Good News of peace of the Lord to him or to her?
- How would you share the Good News of Jesus to your campus house, office or community? Can we start praying for it now?
How has been God good to you this week?
What were the challenges you overcame with His help
# 1: : Chosen to Receive Salvation
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13 (GNB) We must thank God at all times for you, friends, you whom the Lord loves. For God chose you as the first to be saved by the Spirit’s power to make you his holy people and by your faith in the truth.
- Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone. (Ephesians 2:8-9 and Acts 4:12)
- We receive salvation though the power of the Holy Spirit so that we can be God’s holy people.
# 2: Chosen to Bear Glory
- 2 Thessalonians 2:14 (GNB) God called you to this through the Good News we preached to you; he called you to possess your share of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Good News of Jesus leads us to the glorious lordship of God.
- Christ’s shining glory must be shared to everyone needing Jesus.
# 3: Chosen to Stand Firm
- 2 Thessalonians 2:15 (GNB) So then, our friends, stand firm and hold on to those truths which we taught you, both in our preaching and in our letter.
- We can only stand firm in our faith and life by holding on the powerful words of the Bible.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 (GNB) 16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
- Since you have received the Good News of Jesus in your life now, what are your plans in sharing them to your friends and family?
- How has the Bible changed you life? Please share some of your precious personal experiences.
- Who are the persons you would like to help for Jesus?
- Who are the persons you would like to invite to FJC this Sunday?
How did God express and show His love to you this week?
How did you express and show your love for others?
Way # 1: Love SACRIFICIALLY
- John 13:31-32 / Hebrews 12:2
- True love will endure everything to offer the best the one loved.
Way # 2: Love CARINGLY
- John 13:3 / 1 Thessalonians 2:7-8
- Love like a parent who always look after the welfare of the child.
Way # 3: Love OBEDIENTLY
- John 13:34
- Love is commanded by God to be applied to everyone. Thus, we must love everyone regardless of their status or background.
Way # 4: Love CONFIDENTLY
- John 13:35
- Pure love shown to others show our being Christ’s disciples.
Way # 5: Love COMMITTEDLY
- John 13:36-38
- Love means being committed to the other person’s highest good. The highest good for all people is that they would become more like Jesus Christ by growing in holiness and living to glorify Him.
- What’s the difference between loving someone and liking him?
- Since God is gracious to undeserving sinners, how can we know when to be gracious to those in sin and when to confront them or separate from them?
- Pray this verse to your prayer partner Philippians 1:9.
- Who are the three loved persons you are plaining to invite this Sunday to Faithful Jesus Church?