The Encounter Weekend is where individuals set aside with a primary purpose of restoring hope for the unwritten tomorrows of their life. It is an intentional opportunity to encounter the real Jesus. At this retreat, we focus on learning how to deal with the hurts, hang-ups and struggles that we all face on a daily basis. We learn to recognize those things that have kept us from living life in its fullness, and we learn how to deal with the issues that hinder our ability to live out the greater dream that God designed us for. We will hear Jesus speak into the deepest places of our heart, and always hear his love expressed. We will learn how to access the freedom Jesus wants to give.
Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, then you really are my disciples and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.’ (John 8:31-32 NIV)
What would I expect to experience at the Encounter?
- worship that invites you into His presence
- teaching that speaks hope and life into your journey
- listening prayer where you will begin to hear His voice
- breakout conversations that allow you to know His love as you invite Him into the past and present moments of your life
- a safe and confidential peer-focused environment
- friendships rising from the richness of sharing an experience
At the end of the Encounter, it is our desire that each individual will have entered into an intimate relationship with Jesus that will enable them to pursue their greater dream as Jesus leads them through the unwritten tomorrows of their life.
Who can attend an Encounter God Retreat? Those who…
- simply know there has to be more in their spiritual experience
- are settling for a lesser dream, but know they were created for more
- are committed to pursue their greater dream, but do not know how to move forward
- desire a life of joy, purpose and fulfillment
- have issues rising from past experiences, and recognize those issues are strangling any movement forward
- long for freedom in life, but it seems so illusive
- want to do life better than what they have seen modeled for them
- attended the pre-encounter party.
What do I need to bring?
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Any personal items and toiletries
- Casual, comfortable clothing and shoes
- Bedding or sleeping bags, towels
- Above all, bring a heart that is willing to be ministered to by Jesus himself.