I will change my thinking through my meditating!
- Ice Breaker: Think of a kitchen utensil that best describes your personality. Why is that so?
- SHARE: One great thing that God has done to your life this week and how did it deepen your knowledge and relationship with Him?
- Sing a Praise or Worship song (if possible)
WORD: How to Change Your Thinking
- Declare: “I will change my thinking through my meditating.”
- Read Joshua 1:8
- Pastor Rick Warren adds” “Biblical meditation is kind of like that; it’s thought digestion. God wants us to get every ounce of spiritual nutrition out of his Word. He wants us to chew on it, digest it, and then chew on it some more.”
- Reflection – you must read and hear God’s Word
- Read God’s Word attentively – Revelation 1:3 (ESV) “Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.”
- Hear God’s Word sensitively – Romans 10:17 (ESV) “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”
- SHARE: “What is the Bible verse that you have read lately which continues to linger in your mind and heart?”
- Revelation – you must meditate on God’s Word.
- Pastor Rick Warren in his book “The Purpose-Driven Life” defines meditation as, “…focused thinking. It takes serious effort. You select a verse and reflect on it over and over in your mind…if you know how to worry, you already know how to meditate.”
- Bible Meditation is repeatedly thinking about a Bible verse in order to discover how you can apply its truth to your own life.
- Psalm 1:2-3 (ESV) “…but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.”
- SHARE: What is the Bible verse that you are currently meditated on which has changed a part of your life?
- Revolution – we must apply God’s Word to our daily lives.
- James 1:22 (ESV) “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”
- Daily Bible life application leads to being more like Christ in thought, emotions word and deed.
- SHARE: What is the Bible verse that you need to apply in order for you to have a life transformation this new year?
- Commit to at least 15-30 minutes of your time per day to have your personal Quiet Time. You can choose between night or day.
- Buy a new Bible (if your Bible needs to be changed). Suggested versions: English (English Standard Version & Contemporary English Version) or Filipino (Revised Mabuting Balita Bible & Revised Ang Biblia)
- Buy the “Success Journal 2017” at Faithful Jesus Church (FJC).
- Have a system of reading and meditating the Bible. You can use these available online resources: (a) oneyearbibleonline.com (b) odb.org or (c) ourdailyjourney.org
- What are your current prayer miracles that needs God’s immediate attention?
- Who is the family or friend you need to share the Gospel and invite at FJC this coming Sunday?