I will change my thinking through my meditating!
- Ice Breaker: Think of a kitchen utensil that best describes your personality. Why is that so?
- SHARE: One great blessing that God has given you this week and how did it helped you in your life
- Sing a Praise or Worship song (if possible)
WORD: How to Change Your Feeling
- Declare: “I will change my feeling through my correct thinking.”
- Read Philippians 4:8
- The mind dictates our feelings therefore we should let our thinking be subjected and submitted to divine thoughts.
- Know that Life is Limited
- Psalm 90:12 (ESV) So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.
- The days of your life is short enough to live on earth but long enough to fulfill your destiny.
- Knowing that life is limited will direct and redirect our feelings to be more glorifying to God and edifying to others.
- Hope for Heaven
- Matthew 6:19 (ESV) “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal
- Devote your time and energy to activities and attitudes that matter beyond time—like kind, generous, sacrificial acts.
- Since earth cannot and will not give you complete happiness then you should always have your heart set towards heaven.
- Revelation 21:4 (ESV) He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
- Engage in Praise
- Expressing thanks to God generates happiness.
- Praise is an intense consideration of God’s exquisite attributes —a dwelling on them and a longing to be like him.
- Psalm 100:4 (ESV) Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name!
- Seek God’s Agenda
- Psalm 139:16 (ESV) Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
- Prevent living senseless and directionless life, which leads to negative emotions, by always seeking for God’s agenda in your life.
- Share your faith to your family and friends by sharing the Gospel card.
- Let your emotions be guided by listening to the FJC Podcast in iTunes, FJC website (faithfuljesuschurch.org) and FJC Mobile (via Google Playstore).
- What are your current prayer concerns which needs God’s rapid attention?
- How will you serve your God, your family and your community better?
- Who is the family or friend you need to share the Gospel and