“So if you have not been trustworthy in handling worldly wealth, who will trust you with true riches?” Luke 16:11 (NIV)
GOD’S FINANCIAL PLAN
Law # 1: The Law of OWNERSHIP
- Deuteronomy 8:18 (NIV) Always remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth . . .
- Romans 11:36 (NLT) Everything comes from God; everything exists by his power; and everything is intended for his glory.
Law # 2: Law of TITHING
- Proverbs 3:9-10 (LB) Honor the Lord by giving Him the first part of all your income, and He will fill your
barns. . . to overflow!
- Deuteronomy 14:23b (LB) The purpose of tithing Is to teach you always to put God first in your lives.
- Malachi 3:10 (NCV) Bring to my storehouse a full tenth of what you earn . . . Test me in this,’ says the LORD. ‘I will open the windows of heaven for you and pour out all the blessings you need.
- 1 Corinthians 16:2 (ESV) On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come.
Law # 3: Law of INVESTMENT
- Proverbs 21:20 (TLB) The wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends whatever he gets.
- Ecclesiastes 11:2 (NCV) Invest what you have in several different places, because you don’t know what disasters might happen.
Law # 4: Law of ACCOUNTING
- Proverbs 21:5 (TEV) Plan carefully and you will have plenty; if you act too quickly, you will never have enough.
- Proverbs 27:23-24 (TLB) Riches can disappear fast. And the king’s crown doesn’t stay in his family forever—so watch your business interests closely. Know the state of your flocks and your herds;
Law # 5: Law of BUDGETING
- Proverbs 21:5 (TEV) Plan carefully and you will have plenty; if you act too quickly, you will never have enough
- THIS INCLUDES:
- Breakdown of Expenses
- Proverbs21:20b (TEV) . . . stupid people spend their money as fast as they get it.
- Proverbs 21:5 (NLT) Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty.
- Repayment of Debts
- Proverbs 3:27a (LB) Don’t withhold repayment of your debts.
- Romans 13:8 (NIV) Let no debt remain outstanding.
- Proverbs 13:22 (NLT) Good people leave an inheritance to their grandchildren . . .
- Breakdown of Expenses
Law # 6: Law of CONTENTMENT
- Ecclesiastes 5:19 (TEV) If God gives us wealth and property and lets us enjoy them, we should be grateful and enjoy what we have worked for. It is a gift from God.
- Philippians 4:11 (NLT) Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have
Spend -> Worry -> Repay -> Save -> Give
Dedicate -> Tithe -> Save -> Repay -> Enjoy