“Can an Ethiopian change the color of his skin? Can a leopard take away its spots? Neither can you start doing good, for you have always done evil.” Jeremiah 13:23 (NLT)
SHARE | Which is easier? To start a new habit or change an old one? Do you have a daily routine? Are you disciplined enough to follow it?
ESSENTIALS IN BREAKING BAD HABITS
- Hebrews 12:10-11
- There should be an acceptance first that what we are doing is not good.
- We have to be fully convinced that it is now time to change. We need to know our biggest “WHY?”.
2: SYSTEM and DISCIPLINE
- In order to change the long-standing pattern that we are used to following, we need to devise a new
- Write all the parameters, motivations and consequences if we will not do it.
- 1 John 5:4
- We need to believe that it is God’s desire that we change and that He will supply us with
everything that we need to change.
- We need to believe and acknowledge His power and promise
- James 5:16
- We need somebody to check on us. We need to confess our sins to them and ask prayers from
- We need to be humble enough to ask for help and vulnerable enough to say that we need
someone to check on us.
- Open up to the right person.
- Proverbs 24:16
- Try and try until you succeed. God wants to develop our character as we trust Him to help us
SHARE | Top two (2) habits that we need to change in one (1) month. What is your motivation and concrete plan? Share it with prayer.
To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. – Ephesians 4:22-24 (ESV)